I was reluctant to sign up for Twitter--thinking along the same lines as a colleague who, until recently, insisted that Twitter was for twits. I still don't think that I would use it to keep the world updated on my every move since I don't care to know that much about other people and they likely feel the same about me! It is also pretty public and I don't need or want my students to "follow" my life. However, I have already found it to be quite useful, not to mention quick and easy, to access information about the world of education. I could definitely see myself continuing to use Twitter for my PLN. Having said that I have time (summer vacation) and a specific reason (this course) to use it right now. The real test of Twitter's usefulness in my life will be when school starts up again in the fall. At any rate, I don't think Twitter is for twits, although some of them are out there tweeting too!

No comments:
Post a Comment